What are the Benefits of Dental Implants? – Roya Arbab, D.D.S
Understand the Reasons for having Dental Implants. Restore one or more missing teeth. Dentists at Roya Arbab DDS are licensed and experienced in performing permanent dental implants for one tooth or the whole set. They are metal frames embed into your jaw to restore a missing natural tooth or bridge. People who have lost their teeth or even a tooth due to an injury, periodontal disease or for any other reason will benefit well from this procedure. Check out more about dental implants to find out more about this procedure.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Getting a new permanent restoration gives you several benefits.
- Achieve natural looking, feeling teeth – Dentists at Roya Arbab DDS perform strong and stable dental implants so they look real. These support chewing and function like your own teeth. During the procedure, the dentist will fasten the durable new crowns to the metal frame. These allow you to grind and eat almost any kind of food. What is even better is you can show your best smile.
- Lifetime – Unlike the conventional bridges that may need replacement in 3 to 4 years, these last a lifetime with the proper routine care.
- No Worries of Public Humiliation – They are installed into your mouth so they become a natural component of your mouth and are fixed, unlike dentures. You do not have to worry about falling dentures while eating, laughing, or talking.
- No Bone Loss – Traditional dentures can result in bone resorption due to the empty sockets. These, however, promote bone growth because of osseointegration.
- No Need to Remove at Night – Traditional dentures require removal after eating and at night. They do not require this, as they seem like parts of your own mouth and will remain in your mouth.
- Retain Natural Face Shape and Smile Beautifully – Your face shape is unharmed. No bone is lost with these restorations so the shape of your face is unharmed and you can continue to smile beautifully.
- No Handling Upkeep – Dentures need extra care when removed outside your mouth because it is made of acrylic. They will crack or break if they fall on a sturdy surface. Fixed teeth do not need any such upkeep.
- No Need to Store – These are permanent, unlike dentures that are removable and require special soaking solution when removed.
- Lets You Speak Naturally – Like the normal teeth, these new ones let you speak without problems, with no issues to pronunciation. Dentures, on the other hand, affects your speech.
- No Cavities – Unlike your own, permanent teeth are not inclined to having cavities. Routine visits to the office and simple oral hygiene will keep them healthy, clean, and shining.
- More Stable – They do not need repairs even after fitted. They may require retightening, though.
Dental Implants for Teeth Replacement
They are not exclusive to replacing a single tooth or molar. You can have a complete fixed denture over your jaw if you have to replace your full mouth. If you only need to replace a few, an “all-on-four bridge” is your best option. The all-on-four bridge will improve your smile by filling in any gaps in your smile.
To have this procedure, you need to have adequate healthy bone structure, as this will protect them from physical pressure like chewing. The bone is grafted if there is deficiency in the jaw. For aesthetic purposes, the gum flesh is grafted, too.
Due to their spongy bones, they are not recommended for diabetic patients. Consult your physician if you want to have a new permanent restoration in spite of your diabetes. Come see Roya Arbab DDS in Hermosa Beach, California to have a beautiful, healthy smile!