Amelia, Registered Dental Hygienist
Amelia began working in the dental field in 2000 as a clinical assistant, went on to become a Registered Dental Hygienist in 2005, and has been working for the practice since 2010.
She is valued for her superb work ethic and meticulous professionalism. She strives to create a pleasant experience for her patients in which they will consider her recommendations to optimize oral health and continue with consistent care. In her free time Amelia enjoys spending quality time with her friends and family, and making improvements to her new home.
As a dental hygienist, Amelia’s main task is to clean and examine the patients for signs of oral diseases such as gingivitis. She also educates patients with proper oral care and the importance of nutrition for their oral health. You’ll also see her doing the tasks below at the office:
- Screens patients by assessing their oral health, review their health history, perform dental cleaning, perform pulse and blood pressure checks, and dental charting.
- She determines the patient’s oral condition then reports her findings to the dentist.
- Detects diseases by performing screening and examining the gums.
- Prepares the patient for the treatment by welcoming, soothing, and draping them.
- Use tools such as scalers and polishers to get rid of the plaque and polish the teeth.
- Prevents dental decay by applying sealants, fluoride, and other cavity-preventing agents.
- Document the services received by the patient.
She does most of the dental procedures, but there are times where her dentist will supervise her doing the treatment.
Meet Shawna, Registered Dental Hygienist
Meet Rachel, Registered Dental Hygienist