Marlene, Dental Assistant
Marlene started her career as a dental assistant in 1994 and has been working for the practice since 2006. She is known for her excellent work ethic and reliability as she assists the doctor with all dental procedures.
She finds great joy and satisfaction when patients are happy, comfortable and confident with the care they receive.In her free time, she loves the outdoors and spending time with her three beautiful children.
Marlene helps with a variety of health care tasks such as caring for patients, making sure patients are comfortable at the office, file records, set appointments, and scheduling.
Below are other jobs she does at the office:
- Prepare patients for dental work.
- Help with infection control by sterilizing the tools and equipment the dentist will need.
- Assist with dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies.
- Educate patients with proper oral hygiene, oral health care, and ways to prevent plaque.
- Provides post-operative operations as instructed by the dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment inventory and order dental supplies.
- Assists dental hygienists with the procedures when needed.
- Collect and record medical histories and vital signs of the patient.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions needed for preliminary impressions.
- Conserves dental resources by only using the equipment needed to accomplish a particular treatment.
- Provides the materials by mixing, selecting, and placing instruments to the patient’s mouth.
Meet Karla, Registered Dental Assistant
Meet Erica, Front Office