Rachel, Registered Dental Hygienist
Rachel has been working in the dental field since 2015. She holds a Master’s degree in Education Instructional Technology from Chapman University and is an adjunct faculty member with the West Los Angles College Dental Hygiene Bachelor Program.
She is passionate about educating patients how to maintain their best smile and enjoys helping each patient find the tools and techniques that work best for them. Rachel believes respect and teamwork are the key qualities to building long lasting relationships with every patient.
You can find Rachel out on the water sailing, scuba diving, and generally relaxing on the beach with a good book.
Rachel’s task is to screen patients for signs of oral diseases such as gingivitis. She takes records of the patient’s oral health condition, review their health history, and perform dental charting. She is the first to determine the patient’s oral health then reports it to her dentist. Here are some of the other tasks she performs at the office:
- Teaches patients the proper brushing and flossing techniques, the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene. She also educates the value of proper nutrition for the benefit of their oral health.
- She removes plaque, tartar buildup, and cleans the patient’s teeth. After cleaning, she applies fluoride or dental sealants to protect the teeth.
- She uses tools and equipment to perform specific tasks such as scaling and polishing the teeth.
- She uses x-ray machines to take images of the teeth that the dentist can check for oral health problems
- Select the materials and equipment needed when the patient is being evaluated for their oral health.
Meet Amelia, Registered Dental Hygienist
Meet Karla, Registered Dental Assistant